A Big ‘Thank You!’ to Everyone Who Showed Up to Shred and Recycle
Our Shred Event and Electronic Recycle on April 2nd was the biggest so far!
By the numbers: We had over 300 people stop by in spite of the rain to shred and recycle. The two shred trucks collected a total of 14,100 pounds of shredded paper. It seemed that each truck had a line of two or three cars at any given time.
The electronic recycling was a steady stream of “we don’t need these anymore” items. There was a stretched-out pile waiting for the truck when it showed up, and it was quickly apparent that the truck would soon be full. Our good friends at 123Junk let us know that they could get a second truck. Us four sponsors had a brief conference, and decided to proceed full steam ahead. The second truck was full by 10:50, at which time we unfortunately had to turn people away for the electronics recycling. Turns out we would have needed another 1/5th of a truck to take away the remnants.
Should you have the need for assistance with real estate, title and legal work, mortgage lending, insurance, or junk removal, please consider contacting our sponsors. They all have years of experience that they can put to use for you.
- Dan Thiewes, RE/MAX Premier– Buying or selling residential real estate, new construction, investment property and rentals.
- Celeste Weinstein, Key Title – Real estate settlements, refinances, taxed deferred exchanges, trusts and wills.
- Trey Mauk, Integrated Insurance Solutions– Insurance for auto, home, commercial, life, specialty, individual and family health.
- Tom Reed, MVB Mortgage – New loans, refinance, construction , first time buyer, portfolio, vacation home and investments.
- 123Junk – Furniture and appliance removal and clean up services. They practice a three step process of donate, recycle and dispose.